This section will help you diagnose any potential issues with ImmerseMe. If you can't find the answer to your question please contact email@example.com directly.
+ What are the technical requirements for accessing ImmerseMe?
Technical requirements per user:
- Access to a laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Runs best from Chrome on laptops and Android mobile devices, use Safari on iOS mobile devices
- Access to a built-in microphone (external optional)
- High speed internet
+ The microphone isn't working.
- Is your microphone muted? Yes, unmute. No, move to Q2.
- Is your microphone turned down? Yes, turn up. Not sure, open audio settings on your computer and check the recording level. Usually between 50%-100% is about right. Still not working? Move to Q3.
- Have you tried completely closing Google Chrome then relaunching? Yes, now it works. No, how do I? For mac users: Right-click on the Google Chrome icon and select 'Quit'. For windows users: right-click and select 'Close window'. Still not working? Move to Q4.
- Have you tried restarting your computer? Yes, now it works. Yes, but still not working. Move to Q5.
- Have you tried plugging in an external microphone? Yes, it works. No, I don't have one.
- Some schools may be blocking our speech api in their firewall (which you can test by hotspoting to your phone), if hotspoting works then tell your IT department to whitelist https://immerseme.co/ and all subdomains *immerseme.co/ (port 443, they'll know what this means)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you still can't get the microphone to work.
+ My 360-degree videos are showing up as 2x bands on the screen.
This means your computer is struggling to run a fully responsive 360-degree experience on YouTube so try closing down applications which you're not using and restart your computer.
Please contact email@example.com if you continue to see 2x bands on the screen when playing 360-degree YouTube videos.